- Speedy - Funds are available on the same day or latest by the following day of payment date.
- Convenient - Payments are credited directly into your account, removing the need to travel and deposit the cheque.
- Safer - Misplaced, lost, fraudulent or expired cheques will no longer be an issue.
You must complete the relevant authorisation form. You will be required to provide your bank account information along with other supporting documents when you select e-payment.
The following original documents are required for verification and copies are required to be submitted:
- A bank statement; OR
- Bank account passbook; OR
- A stamped letter from your bank confirming your bank account details.
You can choose any of your existing active saving or current accounts held under your name. The saving or current account must be maintained with one of the financial institutions offering MEPS Inter-Bank GIRO (IBG) service.
For payment to joint name policies, a joint account bank number must be provided to AIA Bhd. and not an individual account number.
Yes, you are allowed to change your bank account details by submitting the relevant Authorisation Form together with the required supporting documents substantiating your request to AIA Bhd. No cost will be charged for this purpose.
Payment will be made electronically into your bank account by AIA Bhd. once you have received a bank notification (a general notification will be sent to you between 2 – 3 days from the policy transaction being approved).
Yes, a bank notification will be sent to you once the remittance has been paid to your beneficiary bank account.
Your bank account details and other related information:
- Will be used solely for the purpose of effecting payments by crediting your bank account directly; and
- Is protected under the Financial Services Act 2013 and the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013 that strictly prohibits the disclosure of such information to any person unless the customer or his personal representative has given written permission. It should be noted that by signing the relevant form to provide your bank account information, you will be authorising the disclosure of your bank account information to the relevant parties’ to effect payment to you e.g. insurance company, financial institutions.
If funds cannot be credited into your bank account due to, for example, incorrect bank account number, closed or inactive bank account, there could be unnecessary delay to the payment process. To avoid this issue, please ensure that your bank account is correct and active upon providing such information to us at AIA Bhd. Otherwise, arrangements will be made by AIA Bhd. to remit the payment to you via cheque.
If you want all your payments to be paid to the same bank account, you need to indicate so to AIA Bhd. at the point of submitting your Authorisation Form (one form per account number) or when you purchase the policy.
All monies due to a policyholder in the event of his death will go to the administrators of his estate of his named beneficiaries.
When you purchase a policy or policies with AIA Bhd., you can inform us that you want all your claims, policy disbursements and any other refunds to be settled via e-payment together with the supporting documents. With this arrangement you will not be required to inform AIA Bhd. every time you make a claim or request a disbursement. However, you must always remember to update your account details with us if there are any changes.
E-payment is the most efficient and safe mode of payment. However, in the event you do not wish to receive payments directly to your bank account, you need not provide your bank account details. Payments will still be made to you in the form of cheques.
Your payment can be made via TT to your foreign bank account number with all the supporting documents provided to AIA Bhd.
However, it is always advisable for an employee, either a Malaysian or a foreign worker to open a local bank account.