Protect yourself and your loved ones from life's uncertainties with AIA's life insurance and takaful plans.
1. What is AIA’s Free Omicron Shield?
The Free Omicron Shield provides daily hospitalisation income for Malaysians residing in Malaysia, who are hospitalised due to COVID-19 (of any variant) and pays a lump sum benefit upon death of a person due to COVID-19 (of any variant). The Free Omicron Shield is offered from 1 March 2022 to 30 June 2022 or upon reaching a total claims limit of RM1 million (for AIA Bhd., AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd., and AIA General Bhd. combined), whichever is earlier.
In the unfortunate event that the covered person passes away in Malaysia due to the COVID-19 virus, we will pay a death benefit of
This benefit is only payable if the death has occurred in Malaysia and will be payable to the next-of-kin or parents, with proof of relationship.
|Daily Hospital Income
If the covered person is hospitalised due to COVID-19 in Malaysia, we will pay daily cash allowance of
2. Who is eligible for AIA’s Free Omicron Shield?
To be eligible for this coverage, one needs to:
*Note: Only parents or the legal guardians are allowed to sign up for this offer for children under their care. For those with more than 3 children under their care, please register using a fresh form.
3. How can I sign up for the Free Omicron Shield?
You can reach out to any AIA Life Planner to sign up through the dedicated microsite. If you do not know any AIA Life Planner, please email us at MY.Customer@aia.com to provide your Name, Contact No. and Current Location (eg. Kepong, Kuala Lumpur) and include “Free Omicron Shield” in the email subject.
4. What is considered as “Medically Necessary”?
“Medically Necessary” shall mean a medical service which is:
5. What is the coverage period of this Free Omicron Shield?
The coverage period of this Free Omicron Shield from 1 March 2022 to 30 June 2022 or upon reaching a total claims limit of RM1 million (for AIA Bhd., AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd., and AIA General Bhd. combined), whichever is earlier. AIA reserves the right to withdraw this Free Omicron Shield at any time without notice.
6. I am a Malaysian and currently working outside Malaysia. Am I eligible for Free Omicron Shield?
No. The coverage is only eligible for Malaysians residing in Malaysia only.
7. I was diagnosed with COVID-19 before but has fully recovered. Am I eligible for Free Omicron Shield?
Yes. You are eligible to apply for Free Omicron Shield.
8. Do I need to be vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine to be eligible for Free Omicron Shield?
No. COVID-19 vaccination is not the requirement for this Free Omicron Shield.
9. Does the Free Omicron Shield covers death / hospitalization event due to Omicron variant only?
No. Free Omicron Shield covers death/ hospitalisation event due to all variants of COVID-19, such as Omicron, Delta and etc.
10. Does the Free Omicron Shield covers death/ hospitalisation event due to vaccination side effect?
No. Free Omicron Shield covers death/ hospitalisation event due to COVID-19 only. Any death/ hospitalization due to COVID-19 vaccination side effect is not covered.
11. Is there any exclusion to the Free Omicron Shield?
The following exclusions are applicable to Free Omicron Shield
12. How will I know if I have been successfully enrolled for this Free Omicron Shield and how do I check the applicable benefits?
Your Free Omicron Shield will commence on the date you registered on the microsite, if successful. You will receive a welcome email within 14 working days from the registration date.
You will then be required to download the My AIA mobile app via Google Play, App Store or Huawei App Gallery and register your My AIA account. Once completed, you may view your benefits via the My AIA App.
13. I downloaded the My AIA app and noticed that AIA BHD. is stated as my Company Name and that I am an employee of AIA BHD. I don’t understand why the Free Omicron Shield is under Employee Benefit.
Below is a guide on how to view your Free Omicron Shield in the My AIA App. You can see that your coverage is stated in point 6 in the image below as Death Benefit of RM20,000 (for My AIA app user) or RM5,000 (for non-My AIA app user) and Daily Hospital Income of RM100/day up to 14 days (for My AIA app user) or RM50/day up to 7 days (for non-My AIA app user).
14. I have received the welcome e-mail confirming that I have been enrolled into the Free Omicron Shield but why am I not able to register for the My AIA account?
Please ensure that you have provided the correct information via the dedicated microsite, including full name as per NRIC, NRIC Number, phone number and e-mail address. If you are unsure, please resubmit the application with the correct information and contact your respective AIA Life Planner or e-mail MY.Customer@aia.com for assistance.
15. How do I make a claim under the Free Omicron Shield?
To claim the Death Benefit:
For Customers: Submit the required documents as prescribed in the table below via email to MY.Customer@aia.com.
For Life Planners: Submit the required documents as prescribed in the table below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the Subject Matter: <POLICY/ CERTIFICATE NUMBER> - Free Omicron Shield
To claim the Daily Hospital Income:
Claims can be submitted via My AIA app or AIA Customer Portal:
Claims can also be submitted via email:
The following are the documents required for submitting claim for the Death Benefit and Daily Hospital Income:
Daily Hospital Income
16. Why is my claim application rejected due to inaccurate information for the Free Omicron Shield?
You may have provided incorrect information during the claims application. Please resubmit the claim application with the correct information and contact your respective Life Planner or email MY.Customer@aia.com for assistance.;