Among the most important assets of AIA Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (individually and collectively referred to herein as “AIA”) is the trust and confidence placed to properly handle information. Customers and potential customers expect us to maintain their information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft and free from unwarranted disclosure. We protect the data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), and all relevant local laws and regulations, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
This website is for general information purpose only. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, AIA does not warrant its absolute accuracy or accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any inaccuracy or omission. Without prior permission from AIA, no information contained on this website may be copied, except for personal use, or redistributed.
AIA recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to do business with or provide services to you. AIA will not collect any information that identifies you personally through this website unless and until you buy our products or services, register as a member, or submit personal information for job application purposes.
This website and our social media platforms are not intended for persons in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of information by us or use of such social media platforms. If this is applicable to you, we would advise you to inform yourself about and observe the relevant restrictions, and AIA does not accept liability in this respect.
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used?
In line with our compliance with the PDPA, we wish to inform that we will collect and store your personal data, including sensitive personal data and insurance policy information (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”) previously provided to us on/in your application, renewal or modification of an insurance policy or subsequently supplied by yourself, whether orally or in writing, are being, and will likely continue to be held, used, disclosed and otherwise processed by AIA for the following purposes:
- to process your application and to manage and service our relationship with you;
- to process any credit, medical, security and underwriting checks and insurance claims;
- to process payment instructions;
- to process, administer, implement and effect any requests or transactions contemplated in relation to such product or services by AIA or other companies with the AIA group of companies as may be submitted to us from time to time;
- to inform you about AIA’s products, services, campaigns and promotions relating to our insurance and financial services;
- to communicate with you including to send you administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this privacy statement;
- for statistical or actuarial research undertaken by AIA, the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
- for data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- for data transfer to, and sharing within the AIA group of companies and/or third parties acting on our behalf, including those located outside of Malaysia;
- for direct marketing and general marketing purposes;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities;
- to personalise the appearance of our websites, provide recommendations of relevant products and provide targeted advertising on our website or through other channels;
- other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Further, please be informed that if required for any of the foregoing purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia or used, disclosed and otherwise processed by the members of AIA (including its employees, representatives, reinsurers, agents and affiliates) to facilitate the performance and administration of our functions as an insurance company. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
By providing your personal information to us, you accept that AIA may retain your information for as long as necessary, to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. AIA applies reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to data within AIA’s systems and encryption of sensitive data when transferring such data. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete or destroy the information when it is no longer necessary for any of the purpose above.
If you make use of any social media features or platforms, either on our website, an application we provide, or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access and collect information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature, we may access and collect information you have chosen to make available and to include in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location etc. Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
Who may be provided with your personal data?
Personal data will be kept confidential but may, where permitted by law and where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, provide such personal data to the following parties:
- any person authorised to act as an agent of AIA in relation to the distribution of products and services offered by AIA;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider (within or outside AIA) who provides administration, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or securities clearing, technology outsourcing, call centre services, mailing and printing services in connection with the operation of AIA’s business and AIA’s provision of services to you;
- any member company of AIA in relation to the provision or marketing of insurance services;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider (within or outside AIA) including companies that help us deliver our services, such as reinsurance companies, investment management companies, claims investigation companies, solicitors, industry associations or federations;
- other companies that help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies, in order to enhance the services we provide to you; and
- government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom an AIA company must disclose data or as may be required by law/regulation.
Access Rights to Personal Data
You have the right to:
- verify whether AIA holds any personal data about you and to access any such data;
- require AIA to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- enquire about AIA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
- Withdraw your consent to the use and provision of your Personal Data by AIA to a third party for direct marketing purposes.
Requests for access, correction or other queries relating to your personal data should be addressed to our Customer Care unit.
AIA has the right to charge costs which are directly related to and necessary for the processing of any personal data access request.
If any part of this website contains links to other websites, those sites may not operate under this privacy statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those websites to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal data.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
AIA reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in the law, business practices, procedure and structure. You can log on to the AIA’s website at www.aia.com.my to obtain the latest version of the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes, updates or modifications made to the Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon posting.
Should you have any questions on any part of this privacy statement or would like additional information regarding AIA’s data privacy practices please do not hesitate to contact us at 1300 88 1899.