INDIAN SPICED FISH
Preparation & Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 300 g (2 pieces) Spanish Mackerel Fillet (Tenggiri)
- Oil for frying
- 1 calamansi lime (optional)
- 1 tbsp Blended Ginger
- 1 tbsp Blended Garlic
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder (optional)
- Sea salt to taste (~¼ tsp)
- A few dashes of black pepper
- PREP FISH: Wash and pat dry fish
- MARINADE FISH: In a bowl, put in all the ingredients for marinade and mix well.
- FRY: Pan fry fish on both sides until golden brown (about 3 minutes each side)
- SERVE: Serve hot with a squeeze of calamansi lime for extra tang and vitamin C
Note: Blend 2 cloves of garlic (10 g) and 1 thumb of ginger (10 g) to make 1 tbsp each. Marinade the fish for an hour if you have the time. If not, cooking it immediately is fine too.
CUCUMBER PINEAPPLE SALAD
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion, peel and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseed and sliced
- 3 tbsp yoghurt with no added sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Mint leaves, garnish
- PREP: Slice cucumber into small cubes. Chop pineapples into bite-size pieces. Slice onions and chillies. Place them into a serving bowl.
- SEASON: Add yoghurt and salt into the bowl of vegetables. Mix well.
- CHILL: Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- GARNISH: Garnish with mint leaves before serving.