Protect your loved ones’ future from life’s uncertainties.
1. What is AIA’s “Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover”?
We are providing free coverage for eligible applicants who are hospitalised at any of the Ministry of Health Malaysia designated hospitals due to COVID-19.
The amount of hospital income cover provided is as below:
For My AIA app users: RM150 per day, up to a maximum of 14 days
You are considered a My AIA app user after you have downloaded the My AIA app via Google Play, App Store or Huawei App Gallery and have registered a My AIA account. This can be done even if you are not an existing AIA policy/certificate owner.
1. Hospitalisation due to COVID-19 diagnosis must be considered Medically Necessary by a registered medical practitioner.
2. The coverage is applicable to both private and government hospitals in Malaysia, while admission to hospitals outside Malaysia is not covered.
3. This coverage shall be payable even if a person is hospitalised multiple times due to COVID-19 diagnosis during the coverage period, subject to a maximum of 14 days per person.
4. This coverage is valid until 31 December 2021 or upon reaching the total claims limit of RM1 million (for AIA Bhd., AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd., and AIA General Bhd. combined), whichever is earlier.
5. My AIA app user/non-user status at point of claims will be used to determine the benefit amount payable.
2. Who is eligible for AIA’s “Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover”?
Only children and pregnant women can enrol for this coverage. To be eligible for this coverage, one needs to:
a. provide relevant information via a dedicated microsite, including;
b. be between the age of 15 days to 17 years for children OR between the age of 18 years to 45 years for pregnant women (expected due date needs to be at least 2 weeks from enrolment date #); and
c. be a Malaysian citizen currently residing in Malaysia.
# For pregnant women with expected due dates less than 2 weeks from enrolment date, they may only apply for the coverage for their new born child 15 days after birth.
3. How is the expected due date (EDD) calculated for a pregnant woman’s enrolment eligibility?
Only pregnant women with an expected due date of at least 2 weeks from the enrolment date will be allowed to apply. Below is an example of how the eligibility is determined:
Enrolment date : 6 September 2021
Unallowable EDD : 6 September 2021 to 19 September 2021
Allowable EDD : 20 September 2021 and later
4. How can I sign up for AIA’s “Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover”?
You can reach out to any AIA Life Planner to sign up through the dedicated microsite. If you do not know any AIA Life Planners, please email us at MY.Customer@aia.com and provide your Name, Contact No. and Current Location (eg. Kepong, Kuala Lumpur) and include “Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover” in the email subject.
5. What does “Medically Necessary” mean?
“Medically Necessary” shall mean a medical service which is:
6. What is the coverage period of this Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover?
The coverage period of this Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover is from 1 September 2021 to 31 December 2021 or upon reaching the total claims limit of RM1 million (for AIA Bhd., AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd., and AIA General Bhd. combined) whichever is earlier. AIA reserves the right to withdraw this Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover at any time without notice.
7. Is there any exclusion to the Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover?
The following exclusions are applicable to this coverage:
8. If a customer has enrolled for the Free Covid-19 Hospital Income Cover multiple times, can he claim this benefit more than once?
No. The benefit is limited to one claim per customer and is subject to the benefit limit as stated in question 1.
9. How will I know if I have enrolled successfully for this Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover and how do I check the applicable benefits?
Your Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover will commence on the date this coverage was enrolled on the dedicated microsite. You will receive a welcome email within 14 working days from the registration date.
You will then be required to download the My AIA app via Google Play, App Store or Huawei App Gallery and register your My AIA account. Once completed, you may view your benefits via the My AIA app.
10. I downloaded the My AIA app and noticed that it stated AIA BHD. as my Company Name but I am not an employee of AIA BHD. I don’t understand why the Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover is an Employee Benefit.
Below is a guide on how to view your Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover in the My AIA app. You can see that your coverage is stated in point 6 (in the image below) as Daily Hospital Income of RM150/day up to 14 days for My AIA app users and RM50/day up to 14 days for non-My AIA app users.
The My AIA app does not only display Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover. Kindly disregard such fields/terminology(s) within the My AIA app such as Policy/Certificate No., Policy/Certificate Owner, Company Name, Staff / Employee No., Company Effective Date as shown in the screenshots below as the Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover is not an insurance/takaful benefit.
11. I have received the welcome e-mail confirming that I have been enrolled into the Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover but why am I not able to register for the My AIA account?
Please ensure that you have provided the correct information via the dedicated microsite, including full name as per NRIC, NRIC Number, valid mobile number and valid e-mail address. If you are unsure, please resubmit the application with the correct information and contact your respective AIA Life Planner or e-mail MY.Customer@aia.com for assistance.
12. How do I make a claim under the Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover?
Claims can be submitted via the My AIA app:
Claims can be submitted via email:
The following documents are required when submitting a claim:
13. Why is my claim application rejected due to inaccurate information for this Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover?
You may have entered the incorrect information in the microsite. Please resubmit the claim application with the correct information and contact your respective Life Planner or email MY.Customer@aia.com for assistance.
14. I am a Malaysian and currently stranded in Singapore. Am I eligible for the Free COVID-19 Hospital Income Cover?
No, the coverage is only eligible for Malaysians residing in Malaysia. The benefits will only be payable either upon a “Medically Necessary” hospitalisation in Malaysia due to COVID-19 (refer to Question 1).