1. A-Plus Health is an optional add-on benefit ("rider") that you can attach to a regular premium Investment-linked Insurance Plan.
2. The plan covers up to age 70, 80 or 100 or for 25 years, depending on your selection.
3. Total benefits payable for medical treatment are subject to your Annual Limit.
4. There is no lifetime limit for A-Plus Health. You also need not worry if you exceed your annual limit, as it will be reset every year during the coverage term.
5. AIA will only pay the eligible medical expenses up to an amount we consider is reasonable and customary, provided that the medical care is medically necessary.
6. A-Plus Health provides worldwide coverage. However, if you are residing or travelling outside of Malaysia for more than 90 consecutive days, you will not be covered for any medical treatment received overseas (except for Singapore and Brunei). Please note that the overseas coverage will be in accordance with the Reasonable and Customary and Medically Necessary Charges for such equivalent local treatment in Malaysia.
7. If you select the RM300 deductible amount option, you will need to pay for the first RM300 incurred, while we will take care of the balance of the eligible expenses. The same applies to the RM20,000 deductible amount option, where you will need to pay for the first RM20,000 incurred. However, if you are an AIA Vitality member, as part of your Health Rewards, your deductible amount (if any) will be fully or partly waived depending on your AIA Vitality status at the time of claim.
8. As the Cost of Insurance is deducted depending on your attained age, it will increase as your age increases.
9. The Cost of Insurance for this plan is not guaranteed, you will need to pay additional premium if the Cost of Insurance is revised. The Company reserves the right to revise the Cost of Insurance by giving the policyholder 30 days’ written notice.
10. The premiums paid for this plan may qualify you for a personal tax relief, subject to the final decision of the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.
11. You will have to serve a waiting period before you can make any claims under this rider except for a covered injury. Different waiting periods shall apply for different benefits.
12. The information above is not exhaustive. It is recommended that you request for a copy of the Product Disclosure Sheet and Sales Illustration from your AIA Life Planner to know more about this product. For a detailed explanation of its benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions, please refer to the policy contract.