Accident & Health
Today’s consumers are looking beyond permanent savings and wealth accumulation products. They are concerned with financial support in the event of an accident. We provide risk-based protection through a full range of Accident Insurance products. Our value-for-money, innovative and comprehensive plans offer benefits catering to increasingly changing protection needs.
Together we safeguard your nearest and dearest
Get comprehensive accident related coverage and ‘Cashless’ hospitalization benefits whenever needed.
Enhanced Classic PA is a protection policy which provides compensation for you in the event of injury, disability or death caused solely by accidental means.
This policy provides:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
- Public Conveyance Benefit
- Treatment Benefit
- Medical Reimbursement Benefit
- Weekly Indemnity Benefit (Optional)
- Renewal Bonus - 5% on the amount of cover for the Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit applicable on the first to tenth anniversary when you renew your policy. A maximum of RM300,000 of the total amount of cover (including all your AIA personal accident policies that provide Renewal Bonus) is eligible for this Renewal Bonus
Note: Please refer to the policy contract/brochure for full details of the benefits coverage.
|Benefits||Amount of Cover (RM)|
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4||Plan 5||Plan 6|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit||60,000||100,000||200,000||300,000||500,000||1,000,000|
|Public Conveyance Benefit||60,000||100,000||200,000||300,000||500,000||1,000,000|
|Medical Reimbursement Benefit||3,000||4,000||6,000||8,000||10,000||15,000|
|Weekly Indemnity Benefit (Optional)||100||200||300||400||500||600|
Please refer to the Schedule of Indemnities for death and dismemberment in the policy contract. Duration of cover is for one year. You need to renew your insurance cover annually.
1. How much premium do I have to pay?
The total premium that you have to pay may vary depending on the underwriting requirements. Extra premiums may be added to the standard premiums if the presented risk is higher than standard risk. The premium is likely to remain the same. However, we reserve the right to change it in line with the applicable premium at the time of renewal.
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4||Plan 5||Plan 6|
|With Weekly Indemnity Benefit - Class 1 & 2||225||335||630||905||1375||2490|
|With Weekly Indemnity Benefit - Class 3 & 4||370||590||1030||1470||2200||3905|
|Without Weekly Indemnity Benefit - Class 1 & 2||185||275||510||745||1175||2250|
|Without Weekly Indemnity Benefit - Class 3 & 4||290||430||790||1,150||1800||3425|
2. What are some of the key terms and conditions that I should be aware of?
- Importance of Disclosure – you must disclose all material facts such as your occupation and your personal pursuits which would affect the risk profile and number of personal accident policies that you have purchased from other insurance companies.
- A Grace Period of thirty-one (31) days from the Premium Due Date shall be allowed for payment of each premium after the first premium during which period this Policy shall remain in force. In the event a loss occurs during the Grace Period, any unpaid balance of the premiums due for the full Policy year in which a loss occurs shall be deducted from the proceeds payable under the Policy.
- Eligibility - Entry age for Adult Plan is from age 16 to 70 years and renewal is up to age 75 years. Malaysians (occupation Class 1 to 4) or foreign residents/foreign nationals (occupation Class 1 & 2 with valid work permit) are eligible to apply.
- Change of Occupation - You must notify us in writing if you change your occupation. We will then look at your new occupation to determine, for insurance purposes, whether it is still within the insurable occupation classes for this plan.
- How do I make a claim? - you need to complete the claim documents, which you can obtain from your agent/intermediary or any AIA Branch or by calling the AIA Customer Service Hotline at 1300-88-1899. A list of AIA branches is available at www.aia.com.my. You must provide us with the written notice of a claim in respect of an injury within 30 days of the accident causing your injury. In the event of accidental death, immediate notice of claim must be given to us. We will also require proof of such claims to be produced within 90 days from the date of the accident. For a claim in respect of injury, proof of claim will include medical reports, police report and medical/treatment bills related to the claim. In the event of an accidental death claim, proof of claim would include hospital certificate, documents on medical treatment or examination, police report, post-mortem report and death certificate or newspaper cuttings. Proof of identity of the person making the claim must also be submitted.
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the terms and conditions of this policy
3. What are the major exclusions under this policy?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Bacterial infections
- Any kind of disease or sickness or congenital defects
- Medical or surgical treatment (except those necessitated by injuries covered by this plan)
- Suicide or intentional self-injury
- Childbirth, pregnancy or miscarriage
- Professional sports
- Mental or nervous disorders; use of drugs/narcotics of any kind
- Racing of any kind
The list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the full exclusions under this policy.
4. Can I cancel my policy?
You may cancel your policy by giving written notice to us. Upon cancellation, you will be entitled to a refund of premium based on the Short Rate Cancellation Table. (Please refer to the policy contract for the Short Rate Cancellation Table).
5. What do I need to do if there are changes to my contact/personal details?
It is important that you inform us of any change in your contact details or life profile including your occupation and personal pursuits which would affect the risk profile.
6. Where can I get further information?
Should you require additional information about personal accident insurance, please refer to the insurance info booklet on “Personal Accident Insurance”, available at all our branches or you can obtain a copy from www.insuranceinfo.com.my.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
American International Assurance Bhd
Accident & Health Department
99 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 1 300-88-1899
Fax: 03-2056 3891