At American International Assurance Bhd., you are at the heart of all we do. We have helped make it easy for millions of Malaysians to achieve financial freedom.
We believe in building lifelong relationships, from delivering the best customer experience possible, to caring for the community through our corporate responsibility programmes.
That’s why we always strive to simplify things for you. So take the first step towards financial freedom with us today.
EASY TO REACH
We are committed to provide efficient and effective services in handling complaints and enquiries. You can contact us through these channels:
- Visit any of our 23 Service Centres/Branch Offices nationwide
- Call us toll free at 1300-88-1899 (Policyholders’/Customers’ Service Hotline)
- Write to us at: Customer Relations Unit
Customer Care Centre
99, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Fax No: 03-20563791
For more details and information, please visit our website at www.aia.com.my
OUR COMMITMENT TO ENQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
We believe that you are entitled to efficient, honest and fair treatment in your dealings with us, especially if something goes wrong.
We want to know straight away if we can improve our service and welcome your feedback as we genuinely want to resolve any problem you may have. If we have not met your expectations, please let us know. If we have exceeded your expectations, we would be glad to hear them too.
Our complaints handling process is based on the following principles:-
- Acceptance – we recognize that we may not have met your expectations and will accept all complaints.
- Ownership – we are responsible for resolving your complaint. If we need to pass it to someone else due to the nature or complexity of the enquiry/complaint, we will inform you.
- Collection of information – we will confirm the details of your complaint and clarify if we are unsure.
- Treatment – we will ensure that you and your complaint are treated fairly.
- Commitment – we will follow-through on what we commit to doing.
- Timeliness – if we cannot resolve your complaint straight away, we will strive to resolve it within 14 days. For complaints which may take more time to resolve, we will keep you informed and updated the progress and status of your case regularly until it is resolved/finalized.
- Resolution – we aim to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution to all complaints.
Details of your Enquiries/Complaints
In order to resolve your complaint, it is important that you give us as much information as possible.
When you contact us, please provide with as much of the following information as you can:
1.Account Information - your name, policy number or account number
2.Contact Details - your mobile phone number or other preferred method of contact (house number, alternate mobile phone number, email, etc). If you wish to be called only during certain hours, please let us know.
3.Complaint Information - what your complaint is about, what happened, when did it happened and who were involved. If you have documentary evidence to support your complaint, please provide us as well.
Once we receive this information, we will be able to investigate your complaint and work towards a resolution.
If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved fairly, you may refer to Bank Negara Malaysia:
Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (LINK)
Tingkat Bawah, Blok C
Bank Negara Malaysia
Peti Surat 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Recording of Complaints
All complaints received are recorded in a register and a reference number is allocated to each complaint. A complaint file is opened for documentation of records and work done on each case. In addition, the status and progress of each complaint is kept in the system for easy monitoring, tracking, retrieval and analysis.
PROMPT RESPONSE TO ENQUIRIES
We strive to provide timely responses to all interactions with us.
- Walk-in Customers at our Service Centre/Branch Office
- Customers will be served within 15 minutes
- Phone Enquiries
- Responses to our automated voice response enquiries are instant
- Calls are answered within 20 seconds.
- Simple and straight forward enquiries are resolved and responded on the spot.
- Complex cases which require follow up or further review will be responded within 5 working days.
- Enquiries via e-mail and correspondence
- An acknowledge receipt of the enquiry will be sent to the sender within 2 days upon receipt of the email.
- Email will be responded within 5 working days from the date of receipt for simple enquiries. For complex enquiries, we shall respond within 14 days unless further extension time is required.
- Correspondence will be replied within 5 working days from the date of receipt for simple enquiries. For complex enquiries, we shall respond within 14 days unless further extension time is required.
- For cases which cannot be resolved within 14 days, you will be informed of the progress and status of your case regularly until it is resolved or replied.
PROMPT RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS
We strive to provide timely responses to all your interactions with us.
- Walk-in Customers at our Service Centre/Branch Office
- You will be served within 15 minutes
- Your complaints will be officially documented in the Notice of Complaint and will be forwarded to Customer Relations Unit for further handling.
- Complaints via phone
- Responses to our automated voice response complaints are instant
- Calls are answered within 20 seconds
- Your complaint will be documented and forwarded it to Customer Relations Unit for further handling.
- Complaints via e-mail and correspondence
- Complaints received via email and postal are forwarded to Customer Relations Unit for further handling.
- Customer Relations Unit
- An acknowledgement letter of receipt of your complaint will be sent to you within 2 days.
- For simple and straight forward complaint, it is expected to resolve/finalize and respond in writing to you within 14 days.
- For complex complaint, additional time may be required to review, follow up and detail investigation.
- For complaints which cannot be resolved/finalized within 14 days, you will be informed and updated on the progress/status of your case until it is resolved/finalized.
- All complaints received are fully documented and recorded in the register for management reporting and review.
DELIVERING OUR PROMISES THROUGH OUR CLAIMS PROCESS
It is our endeavor to settle justified claims promptly through standardized procedures in claims administration. To facilitate your claims, you need to submit sufficient documentation. For documentation related to a specific claim, please visit www.aia.com.my Customer Support/Claims Information.
Once you have made your submission, you can expect to receive a response from us within 14 days through your agent with regard to the status of your claim. For major and complex claims, it will take a longer period to finalize the claim due to its documentation requirement, review, complexity and detail investigation.
If at all, you are not satisfied with our claim decision, you may submit your appeal in writing to our Customer Relations Unit, Customer Care Centre, Menara AIA, 99, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur for review. If your case is valid and justifiable, it will be forwarded to the Complaint Review Committee for further review and consideration on ex-gratia payment.
However, if your appeal is declined and you are not satisfied with the decision, you may write and appeal to the Financial Mediation Bureau within 6 months from the date of our claim decision based on the following guidelines:
a) Complaint referred to FMB involving claims shall not exceed :
i) RM100,000.00 for all types of policies with exception of types described in (ii) and (iii).
ii) RM200,000.00 and below for motor and fire insurance policy
iii) RM5,000.00 and below for third party property damage
b) Complaint referred to BNM involving claims shall not exceed RM 500,000, or other matters relating to the quality of service and unfair claim handling.
Financial Mediation Bureau
Tingkat 25, Block Utama, Dataran Kewangan Darul Takaful
No. 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: 03- 2272 2811
Fax: 03- 2274 5752
For cases which are above the limits, you are required to submit your appeal to Bank Negara Malaysia.
American International Assurance Bhd. is committed to fraud control with an emphasis on proactive prevention, putting in place detection measures in our effort to reduce possibilities which could lead to fraud. Our approach to fraud control centres on maintaining a legal and ethical climate which encourages all stakeholders to protect the Company’s assets and raise any suspicion of fraud. We believe in zero tolerance to fraud. Thus, when a fraud is detected, suspected or alleged, we are committed to fully investigate the matter. We will work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure that justice is served and implement measures to recover as well as to minimize losses.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER
Nothing satisfies us more than the knowledge that we have played a pivotal role in helping you manage your financial future. Our journey with you continues throughout your lifetime and for your future generations. Our relationship with you is built on a platform of mutual trust and respect. To strengthen that trust, we have included some items which could help you in making the right decision pertaining to your policy.
- Free Look Period
- The free look period starts from the date you first received your new policy document.
- If you decide to cancel your policy, you have 15 days from the date you first received the policy document. Please write to the company to confirm your intention to cancel the policy.
- The policy cannot be cancelled after the free look period.
- Terminating Your Policy To Purchase A New Policy
Do you know that when you lapse or surrender an existing policy in order to replace with another (by the same or a different insurer) you will lose out?
- The new policy is usually of a higher premium based on the current age.
- You may need to pay extra premium or be denied insurance if there are changes to your health.
- In most medical and critical illness policies, the waiting period (the duration when no claim is payable) resumes from the policy issue date or reinstatement date, whichever is later.
You can meet your financial objectives by upgrading your insurance coverage instead of replacing it. Exercise your right to keep your financial objectives on track and be wary of undue influence from any party to terminate your existing policy.
- Premium Payment
- You may visit and make payment by cheque or cash personally at any of 23 service centres/branch offices nationwide.
- You may post your cheque to P.O.Box 12338, 50774 Kuala Lumpur or any of 23 service centres/branch offices nationwide
- Through Maybank – if you are a Maybank account holder, you can pay your premium using the Maybank2u website. Alternatively, you can also pay at any Maybank branch by completing the bank-in-slip provided over the counter. Please note our account number is 5140-1199-7003 and to add a suffix ‘P’ after your policy number in the slip provided.
- Autodebit of credit card – you can arrange to pay your premium through autodebit of your credit card by completing the Credit Card Debit Authorization form.
- Autodebit through bank autopay – you can arrange for autodebit of premium payment using bank’s autopay facility offered by Maybank, HSBC Bank and Bank Simpanan Nasional.
- Bank’s standing instruction – please make arrangement with the bank of your choice.
- Your Personal Information
We are committed to ensure the safety and security of our customer’s personal information in our operations. As such, we have put place strong security measures to prevent unauthorized access, which could result in alteration, destruction or theft of data or compromise the confidentiality of our customer’s data. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
- Your personal information will only be used by American International Assurance Bhd. authorized personnel in the course of processing and administering your insurance policy.
- Your data will never be shared with another party that is not authorized by American International Assurance Bhd. to process or administer your policy.
- Comprehensiveness and Transparency in Product Information
We are also committed at all times, in ensuring that all information and disclosure of our products and services is fair, accurate and comprehensive. As such, we shall not engage in deceptive, misleading or false representations with regards to our product and services.
- Common documentation for ease of processing e-Forms
- We make these forms online for your convenience.
Request for Change form:
a.mailing address and phone numbers
b.method of payment to credit card
c.method of payment to auto debit
For more details, please refer to our website at www.aia.com.my