At AIA Bhd., you are at the heart of all we do. We exist to provide our customers with financial protection, security, and a comfortable future.
As a company, we understand that life is unpredictable. It has highs as well as its challenges - and everyone is on a different journey. That’s why our starting point has always been understanding people. By being genuinely engaged with people’s real lives, we gain deeper insights that enable us to offer a range of insurance and wealth management products that fit the needs of the individual.
For more than 60 years, we’ve built our business upon serving the ever-changing needs of people and companies in Malaysia. Our personal, relationship-based approach has made us part of the fabric of life here. And we will continue to protect generations of people for many years to come, whatever life brings them.
So whether you need support in achieving your ambitions, supporting a family, enjoying retirement, or anything else, we understand where you’re coming from, because we’ve been there ourselves.
EASY TO REACH
We are committed to providing easy, efficient and effective services in handling enquiries and complaints. You can contact us through any of these channels:
- Visit any of our Service Centers nationwide
- Call AIA Care Line at 1300 88 1899
- Write to us at
Customer Relations Unit
Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, P.O. Box 10140, 50704 Kuala Lumpur.
Fax No: 03-2056 2291
- Submit your inquiry via www.aia.com.my
OUR COMMITMENT TO ENQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
We believe that you are entitled to efficient, honest and fair treatment in your dealings with us, especially if something goes wrong.
We want to know how we can improve our service and thus we welcome your feedback as we genuinely want to resolve any problem you may have with your policy. If we have not met your expectations, please let us know. If we have exceeded your expectations, we would be glad to hear it too.
Our complaints handling process is based on the following principles:-
- Acceptance – we recognise that we may not have met your expectations and will accept all complaints.
- Ownership – we are responsible for resolving your complaint. If we need to pass it to someone else due to the nature or complexity of the enquiry/complaint, we will inform you.
- Collection of information – we will confirm the details of your complaint and clarify if we are unsure.
- Treatment – we will ensure that you and your complaint are treated fairly.
- Commitment – we will follow-through on what we commit to doing.
- Timeliness – if we cannot resolve your complaint immediately, we will strive to resolve it within 10 working days. For complaints which may take more time to resolve, we will keep you informed and updated on the progress and status of your case regularly until it is resolved / finalised.
- Resolution – we aim to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution to all complaints.
Details of your Enquiries / Complaints
In order to resolve your complaint, it is important that you give us as much information as possible when you contact us.
1. Account Information - your full name, policy number(s), NRIC number or loan account number.
2. Contact Details - your mobile phone number or other preferred method of contact (house number, alternate mobile phone number, email, etc). If you wish to be called only during certain hours, please let us know.
3. Complaint Information - what your complaint is about, what happened, when did it occur and who was involved. If you have documentary evidence to support your complaint, please provide those to us as well.
Once we receive this information, we will be able to investigate your complaint and work towards a resolution.
If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved fairly, you have the option of referring your complaint to Bank Negara Malaysia:
Contact Centre (BNMTELELINK)
Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (LINK) Bank Negara Malaysia, P.O. Box 10922, 50929 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 1300 88 5465 (Overseas: +603-2174 1717) Fax: +603-2174 1515
PROMPT RESPONSE TO ENQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
We strive to always respond in a timely manner.
- Walk-in Customers
- Customers will be served within 20 minutes.
- Phone Enquiries
- Responses from our Interactive Voice Response are instant.
- Calls are answered within 20 seconds.
- Simple enquiries are responded to on the spot.
- Cases which require further review will be responded to within 10 working days. If more time is required, we will inform you.
- Enquiries and Complaints via e-mail and correspondence
- An automated acknowledgement will be sent to you upon receipt of your email.
- Emails will be responded to within 5 working days from the date of receipt.
- Correspondence will be responded to within 10 working days from the date of receipt.
- For cases which cannot be resolved within the timeframe stated above, you will be informed of the progress and status of your case regularly until it is resolved.
DELIVERING OUR PROMISES THROUGH OUR CLAIMS PROCESS
It is our endeavor to settle justified claims promptly through standardised procedures in claims administration. To facilitate your claims, you will need to submit sufficient documentation. For documentation related to a specific claim, please visit www.aia.com.my.
Once you have made your submission, you can expect to receive a response from us within 10 working days with regard to the status of your claim. For major and complex claims, it will take a longer period to finalise the claim due to the documentation requirement and review process, which may include a detailed investigation.In the event you require assistance or are not satisfied with the claim decision, kindly contact us at MY.LifeClaims@aia.com.
If you are not satisfied with the final decision with regard to your claim, you may write to the Financial Mediation Bureau (FMB) within six months of receiving the decision for a claim not more than RM100,000.00. If the claim involves a sum of more than RM100,000.00, you may call or write to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).
The contact details for FMB and BNM are:
- Financial Mediation Bureau, Tingkat 25, Block Utama, Dataran Kewangan Darul Takaful No. 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman, 50000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03- 2272 2811 Fax: 03- 2274 5752
- Contact Centre (BNMTELELINK), Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (LINK)
Bank Negara Malaysia, P.O. Box 10922, 50929 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 1300 88 5465 Overseas: +603-2174 1717 Fax: +603-2174 1515
A BRIGHTER FUTURE TOGETHER
Nothing satisfies us more than knowing that we have played a pivotal role in helping you manage your financial future. Our journey with you continues throughout your lifetime and that of your future generation. Our relationship with you is built on a platform of mutual trust and respect. To strengthen that trust, we have listed some important points here for you to remember and which could help you make the right decision.
- Free Look Period
- The free look period starts from the date you receive your new policy document.
- If you decide to cancel your policy, you have 15 days from the date you first received the policy document to do so. Please write to the company to confirm your intention to cancel the policy.
- The policy cannot be cancelled after the free look period.
- Terminating Your Policy To Purchase A New Policy
You tend to lose out when you lapse or surrender an existing policy, even if it is to replace it with another (by the same or a different insurer) because of the following reasons:
- The new policy usually comes with a higher premium because it is based on your current age.
- You may need to pay an extra premium or may even be denied insurance if there are changes to your health profile.
- In most medical and critical illness policies, the waiting period (the duration when no claim is payable) resumes from the policy issue date or reinstatement date, whichever is later.
Instead of replacing your policy, we advise you to meet your financial objectives by upgrading your insurance coverage. Exercise your right to keep your financial objectives on track and be wary of undue influence from any party to terminate your existing policy.
- Premium Payment
- You may visit and make payment by cheque or cash at any of our service centers nationwide. Mail-in cheques are also accepted through any of our service centers.
- For your convenience, we recommend that you sign up for electronic payment facilities that are currently available.
- If you make payment through your agent, you should insist on an official receipt issued by the Company. Please contact us if you do not receive the official receipt within 10 working days from the payment date.
- Your Personal Information
We are committed to upholding the security and confidentiality of your personal information provided to us.
- Your personal information will only be used by AIA Bhd.’s authorised personnel in the course of processing and administering your insurance policy.
- Your data will never be shared with another party that is not authorized by AIA Bhd. to process or administer your policy.
- Comprehensiveness and Transparency in Product Information
We are also committed at all times to ensuring that all information and disclosure of our products and services are fair, accurate and comprehensive. As such, we shall not engage in deceptive, misleading or false representations with regards to our product and services.
- ANTI-FRAUD STATEMENT
AIA Bhd. is committed to fraud control with an emphasis on proactive prevention, putting in place detection measures in our effort to reduce possibilities which could lead to fraud. Our approach to fraud control centers on maintaining a legal and ethical climate which encourages all stakeholders to protect the Company’s assets and raise any suspicion of fraud. We believe in zero tolerance to fraud. Thus, when a fraud is detected, suspected or alleged, we are committed to undertaking a detailed investigation on the matter. We will work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure that justice is served and will implement measures to recover as well as to minimize losses.