Kuala Lumpur, 8 June 2021 – As the nation enters into a second full lockdown to flatten the curve against the rise of record-breaking positive cases, AIA Malaysia extends its support by offering Malaysians and their families COVID-19 Vaccine Complications Cover and COVID-19 Diagnosis Cover at no additional cost.
The two latest offerings from AIA further extends the insurer’s dedication to providing holistic propositions to lessen the health, wealth and protection anxieties of Malaysians amidst the pandemic. AIA is currently one of the few insurers and takaful operators in the market to provide medical plans that cover medically necessary hospitalisation due to COVID-19 and vaccine complications in private hospitals.
Both free covers are available to any Malaysians
1. Free COVID-19 Vaccine Complications Cover
- While everyone has a role to play to help Malaysia achieve herd immunity, there are many who are concerned with the side effects of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Through its new Free COVID-19 Vaccine Complications Cover, AIA hopes to address some of these concerns and offer Malaysians peace of mind by providing the protection that they will need when they go for their vaccination.
- The coverage comprises a hospital income of RM100 per day (up to 14 days) if a person is admitted to the hospital due to COVID-19 vaccine complications, and a RM20,000 benefit if the person passes away in Malaysia as a result of the vaccine side effects or complications.
- This free cover is open to anyone between 18 and 70 years old to sign up. They can activate their cover between 3 June and 14 June 2021 through AIA Life Planners, and once activated, they will be covered until 31 December 2021 or when the total claims limit reaches RM3 million, whichever comes first.
2. Free COVID-19 Diagnosis Cover, including coverage for Home Quarantine
- With hospitals and quarantine centres currently running at their full capacities, AIA’s Free COVID-19 Diagnosis Cover comes at an appropriate time as more people are placed under home quarantine.
- This special COVID-19 coverage provides a RM1,000 cash relief to support customers who are diagnosed with COVID-19 and are unable to continue working due to quarantine requirements, including home quarantine.
- Additionally, it also covers death due to COVID-19 – where a lump sum of RM5,000 (for new customer) / RM10,000 (for AIA’s existing customer) will be paid.
- The cover is offered at no extra cost to AIA customers who have new life insurance / family takaful / Flex PA plans with AIA which take effect between 1 June and 30 June 2021.
- Customers who are eligible will get to enjoy this free cover until 30 September 2021, or when the total claims limit reaches RM1.5 million, whichever comes first.
Commenting on the launch of these latest offerings, Ben Ng, Chief Executive Officer of AIA Bhd., said: “We understand that anxieties are running high. As a leading insurer and takaful operator in Malaysia, we want to do what we know best to alleviate Malaysians’ worries, which is by providing them the right protection that they need during these challenging times.
“AIA always strives to help fellow Malaysians be financially prepared for life’s unexpected events, and we are proud that our current selling medical plans are one of the few in the market that cover medically necessary hospitalisation due to COVID-19 and vaccine complications. We are deeply committed to ensuring that their entire health journey is well supported through our unique Total Health Solution ecosystem. The new free covers we are announcing today further attests to our commitment to providing end-to-end COVID-19 protection to our customers. It is also our hope that they will help spur more people to reassess their insurance and takaful needs at this time of uncertainty.” he added.
For full details on the offers and services, please visit www.aia.com.my.
– END –